Assuming that after we discuss things it makes sense for you to incorporate we will consider all issues with you. These questions will vary depending on your individual circumstances, but generally will include:
- share structure,
- who will own shares,
- who will be directors,
- who will the officers (i.e. president) of the company be, and
- what abilities and limitations will the company have.
We would also be glad to help you with the annual reporting which your company will need to do.
BUYING AND SELLING A BUSINESS
If a business is incorporated then one of the first questions that both a buyer and seller must ask is what is being sold, the assets of the company, or shares in the company.
The type of sale will have many implications, including differences in how the transaction is taxed and who will be responsible for what liabilities.
Regardless of whether you are the buyer and seller we will make sure it is clear:
- what is being being bought and sold;
- that you as buyer get what you are purchasing without liabilities you have agreed to; and
- that all parties are clear on the tax implications of the transaction and that the payment and reporting of these taxes is coordinated with the other party.
CONTACT US FOR A FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION.