Our job is to bring all the legal pieces of your purchase together, including:
- making sure you understand the obligations your contract puts on you;
- helping you determine what form of ownership you and your spouse, or other owners, will have in your property;
- reviewing the title of your property to see what is registered on it (for example, easements and rights of way);
- making sure all the taxes and other costs are considered;
- when you are getting a mortgage, making sure that your financial institutions requirements are met; and
- ensuring you end up owning the property you want to own.
Our job is to ensure that:
- you understand your obligations to your purchaser;
- coordinate the transfer of your property to the purchaser;
- pay-out any financial obligations registered on the property, including your mortgage, if you have any; and
- make sure you get paid.
If you have arranged a mortgage with a new financial institution we assist with:
- the registration of the new mortgage,
- paying out your old mortgage, and
- making sure your old mortgage gets removed from the title of your property.
Most purchases, sales and refinances are done for a flat-fee, contact us for a quote.
We have years of experience assisting people with development related legal issues, from registering a flooding covenant to multi-lot development,. Please contact Shawn Jones, firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss development related matters.